15 – 40 hours per week internship
Work with dynamic, talented staff and immerse yourself in the day-to-day activities of a professional non-profit program. This position is perfect for a candidate interested in nonprofit work or political advocacy. We are especially interested in intern candidates with digital advocacy experience or who are looking to grow their digital advocacy skills.
- A commitment to reproductive rights and the mission of NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience with digital advocacy a strong plus
- Attention to detail
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite or corollary Google Suite Products
- An ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility, reliability, and a willingness to learn,
- A commitment to working toward a more just and equitable society
- Experience with database software, such as NGP VAN, a plus but not required
- Experience with graphic design and video editing a plus but not required
- Support organizing and communications work for our legislative priorities, especially the ROE Act
- Participate in electoral advocacy opportunities including digital advocacy, phone banking, and canvassing (if appropriate)
- Work alongside the program team to complete policy research projects related to reproductive health as needed
- Participate in legislative advocacy opportunities such as signature collection, information drops, and lobby days (if appropriate)
- Assist with the planning, implementation, and wrap up of events such as volunteer meetings and advocacy events
- Assist with various development tasks and events as needed
- Perform other administrative duties and tasks as assigned, including data management
Time Commitment and Compensation
Unpaid internship with 15-40 hours/week commitment from June 2020 – August 2020 with possibility for continuation. We currently offer compensation through our Student of Color Leadership Stipend and are also committed to working with students to secure either funding or credit from their institution. Rolling application process; position will be open until filled. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume via email to Kate Froehlich, Membership and Organizing Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Friday, April 3.
Please note: due to the rapidly changing situation surrounding COVID-19, this summer internship program is subject to change. We thank you in advance for your flexibility in this uncertain time.