NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts (NPCM) seeks a full-time (40 hours a week) Strategic Coordinator to support the organization’s programmatic, development, and administrative efforts. This position is ideal for a self-starter with razor-sharp attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills. The ideal candidate should be excited to ensure that NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts has the resources and programmatic depth to continue to be the leading voice for reproductive freedom and abortion access in Massachusetts. The Strategic Coordinator reports to the Executive Director but supports the work of a small but mighty staff and several consultants .
Since 1972, NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts has led the way in advancing reproductive freedom for women, families, and pregnant people in the Commonwealth. Our mission is to develop and sustain a grassroots constituency that uses the political process to guarantee every person the right to make personal decisions regarding the full range of reproductive choices, including preventing unintended pregnancy; bearing healthy children; and choosing safe, legal, accessible abortion.
The Strategic Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Manage the organization’s donor database, including ensuring that data is accurate and contribution pages are up-to-date;
- Process all mailed contributions to the organization, including preparing them for deposit, track grant letters and ensure donors receive timely thank-you letters for gifts;
- Provide regular and as-needed fundraising data for analysis;
- Support mail campaigns by assembling mail lists, coordinating print orders, and keeping timelines on track;
- Support Finance Administrator by providing data about contributions;
- Serve as a first point of contact with donors and organizational members at all levels;
- Support staff and board fundraising efforts; and
- Provide administrative support to the Development team, including supply management, mail merges, assembling print mailings, drafting correspondence, and other administrative duties and tasks as assigned.
- Assist the Development team in planning and executing two major events per year
- Coordinate logistics; including invite lists, RSVPs, revenue and expense budgeting, and event registration;
- Execute event communications including letters, pamphlets, and invitations
- Maintain event web page and execute social media activation;
- Communicate with vendors and track progress on projects; and
- Manage interns and volunteers.
- Manage press portfolio, including:
- Tracking all press hits;
- Performing daily media scans for all relevant news articles;
- Manage the backend of the organizational website;
- Collaborate with NPCM Program staff to monitor the Reproductive Freedom Scorecard;
- Work with Program staff on disseminating information to the Legislature on relevant reproductive freedom issues;
- Assist Program staff in coordinating volunteer activities in the State House and on campaigns;
- Assist Program staff with logistics for volunteer cultivation events.
- Assist the Executive Director with their daily schedule and duties, including but not limited to managing calendars, appointments, reimbursements, travel arrangements, and drafting correspondence;
- Provide guidance and advice to the executive director on matters related to IT and operational management;
- Manage outside contracts with vendors;
- Assist with planning and running board meetings;
- Manage organization’s official email account, ensuring that questions and requests are fielded correctly and responded to in a timely manner;
- Provide general administrative support to the staff, including: greeting visitors, answering and managing incoming calls, collecting all mail, and providing IT support.
- Oversee the smooth daily operation of the office. Communicate with building management; monitor and order supplies; maintain office equipment; monitor the general email account.
- Perform bookkeeping functions, including making deposits, paying bills, and logging expenses.
- Assist with various human resources functions such as onboard new employees, oversee benefit administration and maintain personnel files; maintain personnel policies and procedures.
- Support consultant bookkeeper by scanning all invoices, bills, and donations.
- Provide low-level IT support as-needed (troubleshooting with printer, internet, donor database, etc.);
- Manage all organizational accounts, including passwords; and
- Manage organization’s official email account, ensuring that questions and requests are fielded correctly and responded to in a timely manner.
The following qualifications are essential to the position:
- Committed to protecting and advancing reproductive rights and health care access.
- Demonstrated ability to stay on-top of multiple projects and areas of responsibility, keep yourself and others organized, and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Comfort with numbers, spreadsheets, budgets, and databases, and know how to analyze and present this information to others.
- Exceptional attention to detail and can work quickly without sacrificing quality of output.
- See both the big picture and the little details of a project, can proactively anticipate needs and challenges, and enjoy really digging into a problem to develop the best possible solution.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team to solve problems.
- Clear, concise written and oral communication.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings.
- Preferred (but not required) experience includes: Administrative, financial, and/or human resources experience with a nonprofit or political organization; Experience with QuickBooks Online or other accounting systems, as well as EveryAction and NGP.
Remote during the COVID-19 pandemic until it is safe to reopen NPCM’s downtown Boston office.
Salary and Benefits
The Strategic Coordinator is a full-time, 40-hour per week, exempt position. The salary range is $45,000 – $50,000, in addition to a generous benefit package including health and dental insurance and a retirement account with employer match.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three references to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please specify in the subject line of your email the name of the position you are applying for.