NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts (NPCM) seeks a full-time (40 hours a week) Development and Operations Coordinator to support the organization’s fundraising program and communications efforts related to the advocacy and programmatic work of NPCM. This position is ideal for someone with razor-sharp attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills. The ideal candidate should be excited to ensure that NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts has the resources and programmatic depth to defend and expand reproductive freedom in the Trump era. The Development and Operations Coordinator reports to the Development Director and also supports the work of the Executive Director.
Since 1972, NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts has led the way in advancing reproductive freedom for women and families in the Commonwealth. Our mission is to develop and sustain a grassroots constituency that uses the political process to guarantee every woman the right to make personal decisions regarding the full range of reproductive choices, including preventing unintended pregnancy; bearing healthy children; and choosing safe, legal, accessible abortion.
The Development and Operations Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Assist the Development Director in planning and executing two major events per year
- Coordinate logistics; including invite lists, RSVPs, revenue and expense budgeting, and event registration;
- Execute event communications including letters, pamphlets, and invitations
- Maintain event web page and execute social media activation;
- Communicate with vendors and track progress on projects; and
- Manage interns and volunteers.
- Manage the organization’s donor database, including ensuring that data is accurate and contribution pages are up-to-date;
- Process all mailed contributions to the organization, including preparing them for deposit, track grant letters and ensure donors receive timely thank-you letters for gifts;
- Provide regular and as-needed fundraising data for analysis;
- Support mail campaigns by assembling mail lists, coordinating print orders, and keeping timelines on track;
- Support Finance Administrator by providing data about contributions;
- Support Development Director in managing development interns; and
- Provide administrative support to the Development Director, including supply management, mail merges, assembling print mailings, drafting correspondence, and other administrative duties and tasks as assigned.
Communications & Program (30%)
- Support the implementation of the organization’s digital communications to promote NPCM’s reproductive freedom agenda, including:
- Creating and scheduling content for the organization’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts;
- Drafting and executing all digital communications, including member emails, website content, and social media;
- Ensuring that website is up to date and coordinating with other staff to produce new content as needed; and
- Maintaining editorial calendar.
- Manage press portfolio, including:
- Tracking all press hits;
- Performing daily media scans for all relevant news articles;
- Fielding and directing press inquiries;
- Maintaining up-to-date press list;
- Disseminating press statements, releases, and advisories.
- Manage organization’s official email account, ensuring that questions and requests are fielded correctly and responded to in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with NPCM Program staff to monitor the Reproductive Freedom Scorecard;
- Work with Program staff on disseminating information to the Legislature on relevant reproductive freedom issues;
- Assist Program staff in coordinating volunteer activities in the State House and on campaigns;
- Assist program staff with logistics for volunteer cultivation events.
- Schedule meetings;
- Maintain all office supplies and order new supplies as necessary;
- Collect and distribute mail as appropriate;
- Support Finance Administrator by scanning all invoices and bills;
- Oversee and support all large-scale in-house printing jobs;
- Support the successful execution of Board meetings; and
- Provide low-level IT support as-needed (troubleshooting with printer, internet, donor database, etc.); and
- Manage all organizational accounts, including passwords.
The following qualifications are essential to the position:
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team to solve problems.
- Clear, concise written and oral communication.
- Ability to represent the organization with professionalism and tact to a variety of audiences, including donors, vendors, and volunteers.
- Facility with Excel for qualitative and quantitative data.
- Commitment to NPCM’s core mission, values and programs.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings.
- Professional or volunteer experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Event planning
- Donor relations
- Handling qualitative and/or quantitative data
- Backend website management
- Managing organizational social media accounts
- Press or digital communications in an advocacy or policy setting
- Non-academic writing
This position is based in NPCM’s downtown Boston office.
Salary and Benefits
The Development and Operations Coordinator is a full-time, 40-hour per week, exempt position. The salary range is in the low $40,000s, in addition to a generous benefit package including health and dental insurance and a retirement account with employer match.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and list of three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis but not before April 1st.