NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts (NPCM) seeks a passionate and creative person to serve as a Communications Intern for the summer semester (June-August). The Communications intern will work closely with NPCM’s Communications Officer to support our legislative agenda, increase brand awareness, grow social media presence, and help NPCM meet its messaging goals. The Communications Intern will develop timely and engaging social media content, help manage NPCM’s website, and support media outreach.
Since 1972, NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts has led the way in advancing reproductive freedom for women and families in the Commonwealth. Our mission is to develop and sustain a grassroots constituency that uses the political process to guarantee every person the right to make personal decisions regarding the full range of reproductive choices, including preventing unintended pregnancy; bearing healthy children; and choosing safe, legal, accessible abortion.
The Communication Intern’s responsibilities include:
- Develop social media and digital content including but not limited to:
- Graphics, memes, GIFs, videos, animations, and Facebook/Twitter/Instagram copy.
- Identify emerging social media trends and engagement opportunities.
- Support the growth of NPCM’s social media brand and presence, especially among new audiences.
- Maintain and update NPCM’s website.
- Support media relations efforts
- Track earned media impressions
- Manage media lists
- Identify potential media opportunities and pitch targets
- Contribute to key messaging development and narrative building
- Committed to protecting and advancing reproductive freedom and health care access.
- Experience managing organizational social media accounts and platforms preferred.
- Graphic design experience and familiarity with design software such as Canva and Adobe.
- Video editing and animation experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to identify social media trends and creative engagement opportunities.
- Pursuing a degree in public relations or marketing. Prior work/internship experience in PR, media relations, or marketing a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- Excellent writing and proof-reading skills.
- Familiarity with WordPress a plus.
- Campaign or political experience preferred but not required.
Remote during the COVID-19 pandemic until it is safe to reopen NPCM’s downtown Boston office. The position will be based in Boston but we are open to candidates who live outside the Boston metro area and who are willing to travel as needed to Boston.
Time Commitment and Compensation
Unpaid internship with 15-40 hours/week commitment from June 2021 – August 2021 with possibility for continuation. We currently offer compensation through our Student of Color Leadership Stipend and are also committed to working with students to secure either funding or credit from their institution. Rolling application process; position will be open until filled. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples via email to Jon Latino, Communications Officer at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is April 23rd.