1. What is NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts?
NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts, formerly Mass NARAL, is a state affiliate of NARAL Pro-Choice America and is the political grassroots arm of the pro-choice movement in Massachusetts.
Our mission is to develop and sustain a grassroots constituency that uses the political process to guarantee every person the right to make personal decisions regarding the full range of reproductive choices, including preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and choosing safe, legal and accessible abortion.
NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts, Inc. is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization founded in 1972.
2. What does NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts do?
NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts mobilizes thousands of supporters across the state to stand up for reproductive rights, works to elect pro-choice candidates and pass pro-choice legislation, conducts research on reproductive health access, and leads initiatives aimed at improving reproductive health equity in the state.
3. How can I help protect reproductive rights in Massachusetts?
- Stay informed about pro-choice news, legislation, upcoming events and ways to take action with Choice Action Network e-mail alerts.
- Donate to help NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts protect reproductive freedom across the Commonwealth.
- Volunteer with us! We are strong and effective because of the commitment of our members and volunteers.
- Become a Campus Representative, and help us create and maintain university chapters throughout the Commonwealth.
4. What is the Pro-Choice Massachusetts Foundation?
The purpose of the Pro-Choice Massachusetts Foundation is to support the right of every person to make personal decisions regarding the full range of reproductive choices, including preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and choosing safe, legal and accessible abortion. This mission is accomplished through the support of education and training programs, and public policy initiatives.
The Pro-Choice Massachusetts Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization founded in 1979.
5. What does the acronym NARAL stand for?
When NARAL was first founded, the acronym stood for the”National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws.” Later, it changed to the”National Abortion Rights Action League” and then later to the “National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League.”
In January 2003, our national organization changed its name from NARAL to NARAL Pro-Choice America. At that point in time, the national organization chose to stop spelling out the acronym.
Here in Massachusetts, our named evolved from MORAL (Massachusetts Organization for the Repeal of Abortion Laws) to Mass Choice to Mass NARAL to our current name, NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts.
6. What are our tax identification numbers?
The EIN for our 501(c)(4) entity, NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts, Inc., is 23-7227508. The EIN for our 501(c)(3) entity, the Pro-Choice Massachusetts Foundation, is 04-2679358.